Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Our latest injuries

I swear I'm a good mom. But, if good moms are determined by the ability to keep their kids free from injury, then my kids are headed for foster care.

"Darcy, the Toothless"
Two nights ago we were decorating our Christmas tree. Gwen and Darcy were fighting over a Christmas blanket on the hard wood floor. Darcy lost her grip and fell forward. She came running over to me and suddenly spit one of her teeth out! It was a bottom front tooth that was already loose (probably from a previous hit!). So now she is missing 3 out of her front 4 teeth and she is only 4 years old! The poor girl! We've decided that a combination of not-great teeth combined with very poor reflexes (which is why she never catches herself when she falls and always falls right on her face) are responsible for her toothless grin. Recently she asked Santa for her 2 front teeth at the mall (she must have heard us talking about it and now its all she'll ask for). Now she can add one more tooth to her Christmas list.

"Bruiser Beckett"
So last night the kids and I went out to dinner with a friend and her kids. Everything was going well until we went to clear our table. Suddenly we hear a crash and screaming, and Beckett is on the floor with a bar stool on top of him (AGAIN!). He had the biggest goose egg on his forehead that I have ever seen. Of course we were all worried about him and I felt so horrible, but he is his normal old rascally self today so no harm done. He'll look a little rough in his Christmas pictures, but what can you do?

1 comment:

  1. so glad to hear that it is not just US where the kids are always getting hurt and I swear i do watch my kids!!!

    ReplyDelete