Saturday, April 3, 2010

Canyonlands 1/2 Marathon

Finished the Canyonlands 1/2 Marathon and I am happily giving my knees a break from running. Finished in 2:06 which didn't break any records, but I was still happy.

Here I am with my friend Tamara. I am very grateful for Tamara, as she is the first person in Denver to become a true "friend" vs. an acquaintance. It takes time for friendships to grow, but we have the same crazy dreams about owning an etsy shop, growing our own vegetables, learning to knit, etc. so we have really hit it off.

Our whole team!! Granby meets Denver!

Its hard to read this, but my friend Audrey sent me a headband that says 'RUN LIKE A MOTHER!'. It is obviously a joke, but it almost makes me emotional to think about it... I'm proud to run like a mother, whether that's good or bad. I'm so grateful to have so many great mothers to run with. Running is good exercise, but that it NOT good enough reason to get me up at 5:30 in the morning in the freezing cold. It is the absolute BEST way to get to know someone, and I've made such good friends running. Thanks to all my running mothers!

No comments:

Post a Comment