Thursday, April 15, 2010

Introducing My Newest Baby...


I think I am officially a small business owner!

Since I left P&G I've done a few market research projects, mostly on a volunteer basis, but in the past few months I have started getting some real, paying gigs. I did a project for the American Academy of Pediatrics (thanks to my sister-in-law Kim) and just finished moderating my first real focus groups for Lance's company, Leprino Foods. I prefer quantitative (although I would gladly get paid to do either) so I am putting together my business plan for that right now. I am hoping this can turn into a business where I can control my workload and work from home. I'm pretty excited about it! And I feel like our 30 West dream (the name of our company in the mountains) is still kind of alive.

I have two friends who have started their own businesses. My friend Kate from college started her own qualitative research company about 5 years ago and she is doing so well. My friend Erika took a total chance and opened her own speech pathology clinic. They are both such go-getters and really inspirational to me!

3 comments:

  1. I love it, Laura! Your logo is awesome. I would hire you if I was working... in marketing :) I'm going to be taking spousal leave while we're in Seattle and staying home to raise the kiddos. I'm loving it, but I have plans to dabble in a little this and a little that... Best of luck to you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great idea! Once word gets out I'm sure you'll have new customers knocking down your door. I'm so happy for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is awesome, Laura!! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete