Friday, May 7, 2010

College

Somehow the topic of college came up the other day and ever since the girls have been talking about it nonstop. Gwen's favorite thing to say is, "I only have 12 more years until I'm in COLLEGE" and then I pretend to ball my eyes out, while trying not to really ball my eyes out.

It is cute to hear Darcy talk about college. I told her she has to learn her letters before she can go, so now she has renewed motivation : )

Darcy: Can I bring my toys to college?
Me: Yes of course. What toys would you bring?
Darcy: My little people. And can I bring my snuggy (blanket)?
Me: Yes, definitely.
Darcy: And I will live with my friends?
Me: Yes, and you'll have so much fun!
Darcy: And I will try to sleep, and my friends will be playing with toys. And I will say "Ahh Guys! I'm trying to sleep!" and they will go downstairs to play.

Then the other day at preschool she colored a picture of a butterfly. She came running up to me and said she was going to hang it on her wall at college.
Lord, I hope that kid learns her letters : )

No comments:

Post a Comment