Monday, May 10, 2010

One Lucky Mama!

I know in my life I'll have some holidays that are "hits" and others that are "misses".
So I hope I never forget this Mother's Day and how my family totally delivered to make me feel like a QUEEN!

I'm sure other people had special Mother's Days as well, but I bet no one else got to ride in a Mother's Day Parade (starring them) on their own home made MOMMY FLOAT!!! My day started off with a run and then a trip to Starbucks and a phone conversation with my mom. Great start. Then I came home to find that my double bike trailer had been converted into a chariot of sorts, with flowers, balloons and a poster that said Happy Mother's Day (with a picture of me, on a hammock)! This was apparently all Gwen's doing. She thought of a few ideas for the day and made a list with Lance.

#1 on the list: Mommy Float.
Here is a close-up of said float. I have no idea where she came up with this idea, but she planned it all week and did all the decorating herself.

MOMMY FLOAT loaded up and ready to leave for our own parade around the neighborhood. I even had a bouquet of fake flowers in there that I had to hold!

Here we go!

Pulling in to visit with some neighbors. Note the absolute look of joy on Gwen's face. Bonus: these neighbors told us to swing back by on our way back and when we did, they were waiting with margaritas!

Mommy and Gwen. Gwen so proud of herself and me so proud of her!


Hope you all had a great Mother's Day!

ps. The rest of Gwen's list:
#2 Make mommy breakfast
#3 Spa visit to the 7 Seas (Gwen's made up spa in her room)
#4 Dance party where mommy and daddy dance to a slow song together and the kids dance around them : ) (my favorite)

1 comment:

  1. That is the best idea! You tell Gwen she is a creative one!!

    ReplyDelete