Monday, May 24, 2010

This is How a Rascal Rides a Bike!

The other day I was working on my garden and heard a grunt from Beckett. Luckily I looked up and saw him hanging on the monkey bars all by himself. I dropped my shovel and sprinted across the yard, trying not to startle him, all the while imagining our upcoming trip to the emergency room. Fortunately, my P90X Plyometrics has made me an incredibly fast sprinter and I made it in time. He and I were both pretty shaken up!

Another rascal-y thing he does is stage his own falls. He does it all the time. He'll jump off a stool or step and if he happens to land on both feet he'll immediately dive forward onto the ground just to add to the fun. The kid will NOT ride his tricycle because he only wants to fall off of it. The neighbors are constantly going, "Oh! Beckett just fell of his bike!" and I just stand there and say "He's fine. He's faking it. He does it all the time". He'll even fake cry and roll on the ground. Maybe all boys do this, I don't know!

Here is a sample:

2 comments:

  1. This is hilarious! I don't remember Owen doing it, but Max loves a good fall! If he can't make a real one happen for some reason a fake will do! But certainly not with this kind of consistency - this is impressive!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Quite the impressive acting!

    ReplyDelete