Monday, September 20, 2010

Goodbye, Mountain Dreams

Slowly, we are becoming "suburbanized". My ability to run or bike up mountains has slowly disappeared, I no longer think it is "invigorating" to spend time outside when it is 1 degree, I go to Target more often than quarterly, and I no longer think dirt roads are charming (actually, I never thought dirt roads were charming).

Slowly too, our mountain dreams are leaving us. Lance no longer even hopes for the chance to skip over to Winter Park for a powder day, we no longer go against traffic on the weekends, instead we get stuck in commuter traffic just like normal people. Lance has gradually left skis, and now mountain bikes, up at his moms for our occasional visits, since they just gather dust in our garage. A few months ago, we even sold our camper, which you know I had been SOOOO excited about.

So Lance found someone to buy out the rest of his Titan lease (a.k.a. the best commuter car EVER when you have a 2 mile commute on mountain roads, the worst commuter car EVER when you drive 20 miles to downtown Denver). Even though I hated everything about that truck in the suburbs, it was a little sad b/c it was our last reminder of the mountains. But he got a cute little Mazda 3 which actually fits in our garage and it is just lovely : )

No comments:

Post a Comment