Monday, September 20, 2010

An Innocent Note to the Tooth Fairy

I don't know where I've gone astray in trying to teach my daughter to appreciate money. But she really wanted an "American Girl" (not really, we do the Target version) horse. She saved and saved her money, for literally months, to buy this horse for $34.79. She counted her money constantly, figured out how much more she needed, did extra chores, etc. She never lost focus and we were proud of her for that, and she was incredibly proud when she got to go buy it.

That part sounds good, right? I'm a good mom?

Fast forward a few weeks... Gwen is broke and she has lost a tooth. #7. I went to give her a kiss goodnight and noticed a note next to her tooth fairy pillow....

3 comments:

  1. Ummm, thought I already commented on this because I thought it was so funny. FYI, still funny the second time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. that made me laugh! smart kid!!!
    btw, what does your company do???

    ReplyDelete
  3. hee hee, i love it! hope the girls' school year has started off well!!

    xo
    emily d

    ReplyDelete