Thursday, October 18, 2007

Carrie in Denver!!!!



Geez, it has taken me forever to get this photo up!! With all the moving and sporadic internet, I haven't been very good at updating things in a timely manner. Plus, I kind of look like a cow next to Carrie in this pic, so I was hoping to edit it, but that hasn't happened. Oh well.

Anyway, a few weeks ago, my friend Carrie came to visit her mom in Denver, and I got to meet both of them for coffee! (actually, I couldn't find the coffee shop, so we ended up sitting on the front lawn of a fire station, but it was still nice.). Carrie and her mom were so much alike, and both such warm, kind people. It was great to catch up with someone from Cincinnati. I am so homesick for both Cincinnati and Arkansas - I feel like I've been on one really long vacation and am ready to come home!

Since I have a photo of Carrie on here, I thought I would take a second to jot down a few things I love about her. First of all, she is a ray of sunshine! Look at that hair! Even in the winter, she is bright and sunny and adorable. She is also one of the most positive people I know. She not only looks on the bright side of every situation, but she gives PEOPLE the benefit of the doubt as well, and I sometimes think that is even harder to do. Anyway, I am grateful for the 3 years with her in Book Club and many more to come : )

By the way, if you are jealous of my Ode to Carrie, all you have to do is come visit and I will post your picture and write you a very nice tribute as well!!! It is that easy!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment