On Friday, Oct 5, our little baby turned 2! For some reason, it feels pretty normal to have a "baby", but when you start saying "My kids are 2 and almost 4" it really sounds like I'm talking about some other, much older person. A "grown up", in fact.
We had a little party at the new house (preceeded by 12 hours of frantic unpacking). Grandma Lynette/Grandpa Charlie and the Andersons (Francine, Eric, Skyler and Cooper- aunt, uncle and cousins). Darcy loved her birthday. We sang to her at breakfast in the morning, and as soon as we finished, she yelled "AGAIN!". Gwen only called her by "birthday girl" or "2 year old" all day. For example, "Mom, the birthday girl just pooped!". The only bad part was when Darcy fell off a stool at her own party and got a really fat lip, that was purple/black by the next day. But overall, it was a blast.
We had Darcy's 2 year check up today and she is doing amazingly well! We saw a new doctor and she said she never would guess that Darcy has low muscle tone now, looking at how much she can do. She also talked up a storm during her appt, and the doctor said she seems totally on track and not at all delayed. What a difference a few months can make! To fully illustrate how well she talks, here are all the sentences she said about her birthday cake this weekend:
Cake, cake, cake, cake, cake
I need cake please!
I need little cake!
I want cake please!
I need more cake!
Cake, cake, cake, cake, cake
I like cake!
The girl likes cake!
Finally, here are a few more pics...
I have these birthday hats for each of the girls and I take a pic of them each year...
My annual attempt at a birthday cake. Its my 'labor of love'. This was actually cake #2 b/c the first one stuck to the pan. Funny how I don't get any better with each passing year!
The cousins eating pizza together! Skyler, Gwen, Cooper & Darcy
No comments:
Post a Comment