Friday, November 28, 2008

Happy POOPgiving Everyone!


Somehow or other Darcy has decided that substituting Poop or Poopie for any word she can think of is hilarious. Darcy does not make jokes normally, but she really cracks herself up with this one. For example, if we both have orange juice at the table, I sometimes say "Orange juice cheers!" and we bang our cups. Now Darcy will reply "Poopie cheers!" and have a good laugh. Or the Mickey Mouse Clubhouse song has gone from "Come inside, its fun inside" to "Come inside, its POOPIE inside! Ha ha ha!". Last night as we were leaving Francine's house, Darcy exclaimed "Happy Poopgiving Everyone!", which was heartily answered in kind by the rest of the family.

As the snow finally starts to accumulate for the season, I'm finding that most of the things I'm thankful for revolve around warmth: our giant fireplace, our heated garage, my fleece-lined REI pants, my furry Soloman slip-on shoes that feel like slippers, etc. But of course Thanksgiving is also a time for getting sentimental - I really missed my family and friends in Cincinnati yesterday! I feel very lucky to have such wonderful parents, sister & brother-in-law and new little niece in my life. I'm also very grateful for my little Beckett who has been such a joy!!

Happy Poopgiving!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment