Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Mommy Moon Pie

So in order to tell this story I have to admit that I like Moon Pies - the kind you can only find at the gas station, that are like marshmallow with some sort of cookie, covered in chocolate. Most of you would probably react like my sister did, "What is a Moon Pie?", except my friend Erika, who is probably thinking, "Hell ya, Moon Pies!" (Erika and I would make brownie mix and then just sit in front of the TV in college watching Friends and eating it with a spoon). ANYWAY... I honestly don't buy them that often, but for some reason I was starving one day and I bought one for me and one for the girls to split in the back of the minivan while I was driving.
Gwen, who doesn't like cake, was thrilled at this new discovery. "Moon Pies are delicious! Can I have a moon pie for my birthday cake?" (Gwen is having 10 kids to her party at our local gymnastics place). So yesterday we went shopping and bought all the necessary ingredients for our Birthday Moon Pie Dry Run. The whole time I'm patting myself on the back for being such a good mom. We lay out our graham crackers, spread the marshmallow fluff, more graham crackers, more fluff and then melt chocolate chips, butter, etc. for the chocolate coating. The girls were loving it. Darcy took one bite out of 100 graham crackers and then left the rest all over the counter with little moon shaped bites out of them. So after dinner we sit down to enjoy our Moon Pie and it was GOOD. I exclaimed "Holy cow, this Moon Pie is good!", which prompted Darcy to run around all night yelling "HOLY COW! Moon Pies are GOOD!". Gwen ate hers and acted enthusiastic, even giving me the much-coveted double thumbs up. Then, we asked her what she thought...

"Mom, maybe you can just buy 10 Moon Pies at the gas station for my birthday party."

On the bright side, that will certainly be easier than making one myself! The risk is that the gas station won't have 10 Moon Pies (they can't be that popular!), so we'll have to start hoarding them this week!

No comments:

Post a Comment