
So another thing we did while in Florida was visit DISNEY WORLD. I have to say, it truly was magical. Having not been there in 20-some years, to me it was just a marketing case study that I heard over and over in college. Well, they know what they are doing! I imagined it to be a slightly-nicer Kings Island, but I was way wrong. For one thing, it was spotless. Every bathroom, every ride, everything was spotless. It was also surprisingly efficient - the restaurants, the lines, etc. They even had a ton of playgrounds all over so the kids could do something without waiting in line. Another surprising bonus was the food. You could get a kid's meal for $4.50, and it included chicken (or a salad with grilled chicken!), grapes, milk and a cookie, and it was served on a Mickey Mouse shaped plate. Pretty amazing!
One thing I had heard about before going was the Bippity Boppity Bootique, where for a mere $189, your daughter can be transformed into a princess, complete with hair, makeup and a dress. WELL, always the deal-hunters, we went to WalMart and bought princess dresses for $19.97. When the girls woke up we had them hanging in our closet and surprised them and I did their hair and put some blush on them and they were good to go and none the wiser! Not to be outdone, our nephew Colin dressed up as Spiderman : )
No comments:
Post a Comment