Thursday, May 14, 2009

Darcy's New Look (a.k.a. Enough with the Tooth Fairy!)

I am trying to make light of this to hide the fact that I am completely distraught... We were playing in the driveway yesterday while a crew was putting sod down in our front yard. I had been playing with both girls in the double jogger, spinning them around. One of the guys needed to talk to me about our sprinkler system, so I got distracted for a minute and Gwen started spinning Darcy in the stroller. Next thing I know, the stroller fell forward and Darcy was screaming and all bloody. I knew it was her mouth, but I couldn't find the cause of the blood - then I pulled up her upper lip and her two front teeth were GONE. I almost lost my lunch right there.

Long story short, I was already driving to the dentist when Lance said to put the teeth in milk (I found them in the driveway right next to her fallen sunglasses - so sad!), so I ran into the Starbucks at the grocery store with Darcy, cut in front of everyone and started yelling "I need a cup of MILK!!! Her teeth got knocked out!!!". Then we went to the Dentist, but they couldn't put the teeth back in : (

Darcy was such a champ - they pulled out a toybox and she started playing and having a blast. They couldn't believe it. Then we went home and she ate 2 pieces of pizza (with blood still all over her), some peaches and a milkshake. I, on the other hand, practically cried myself to sleep. She has at least 3 years with no front teeth!

Ironically, when Gwen lost her first tooth I ordered her a handmade tooth pillow from ETSY. I decided to go ahead and order them for all three kids so they would coordinate. So, Darcy got to use her pillow. She didn't quite get it, but she went with the flow.

Darcy's prayers last night were short but sweet:

"Dear God. Thank you for my tooths flew out. Amen."


No comments:

Post a Comment