
I knew it was inevitable... the tooth had been wiggly for more than a week... but that does not mean I was prepared to watch my baby put her first tooth under her pillow, hoping beyond hope that the tooth fairy would come!
Gwen lost her first tooth on Friday at preschool!! She was eating yogurt and didn't even feel it fall out, she just suddenly noticed that it was in her mouth! I mentioned before how Gwen is going through a bit of a hard time all the sudden at school. When her tooth fell out, she didn't tell anyone. Not a teacher, not her friends, nobody. She just walked over to her cubby and stuck it in there (luckily it didn't get lost!). When I got there to pick her up she was so excited to tell me! I had a tooth fairy pillow on order, but it hadn't arrived yet so we just had to stick it under the pillow, but the tooth fairy found it just the same. : )

Since Beckett is getting his baby teeth, I was struck as I held Gwen's baby tooth that it was probably the very first tooth that poked through her little gums at 6 months. I also fondly recalled tying a string around my sister's tooth and slamming the door - I was surprised when she let me and equally surprised when it flew out of her mouth! Anyway, Cheers to Gwen!
No comments:
Post a Comment