Friday, June 19, 2009

Beckett at 14 Months



Our little guy is quickly going from baby to part of the gang. He turned 14 months on the 8th, and I've been meaning just to jot down a few things about him.

- First of all, he is officially a walker (which I've already mentioned). He started at about 13 and 1/2 months. I admit, I was starting to think it would never happen. He had taken about 15 steps max, and then one night, he took 87. And then by a few days later, he was walking all over instead of crawling! I'm so sad to have the crawling stage over, but at the same time it is much easier when we play outside and he's not crawling all over the cement!
- He has lots of words: "hi" is his favorite, bye, dog, uh-oh, up, darcy (kind of), mama, dada, eat, please (peez!), hop, ball, and when we count he'll do an imitation of "one two three" that sounds nothing like it, but he copies the intonation of our voice
- He LOVES to give kisses (especially to Darcy). When Darcy wakes up the morning, Beckett toddles over to her room saying "Dah-ee, Dah-ee" and you can hear him making kissing noises all the way over to her bed, where he crawls up and tackles her with kisses. He also loves to hug and kiss any other kid that is remotely his size, such as his cousin Lilly or other random friends.
- He LOVES balls. His favorite thing to do is find anything round, yell "BALL!!!" and throw it, over and over
- Every morning he finds two small things (usually crayons, sometimes balls, pretend ketchup from the kid's kitchen, etc.) and he carries them around, one in each hand, all day.

Sometimes the other kids drive me nuts right now, but Beckett is a pure pleasure at this stage! I wish I could keep him like this!!!

1 comment:

  1. Hey! I found your blog from Erika's blog - so cute! It was good to see you and meet the kids this weekend.

    ReplyDelete