Friday, June 5, 2009

Mission Accomplished!

I'm going to shamelessly post pictures of myself here b/c I finished my first triathlon!!! Overall, it went really well. Luckily for me, they started in reverse order of swim speed, so I was actually towards the front of the pack. In fact, I started so early due to my swim time that I had actually been done with the entire race (all 3 events) for 45 minutes before my friend Andrea even started the swim!

Here is a very nervous Laura before the swim! I'm actually wearing Gwen's swim cap from her triathlon! Time: 13:20 to swim 10.5 laps


The bike, arguably the best part. Sure beats running! Time: 48:09 for 12 miles


The finish!! Ran 3.1 in 26:54 including a stop right before the finish to kiss the family. Overall time 1:33:42 - I have no idea whether this is good or bad, but it sounds good to me!


Overall it was a great experience and I can't wait to do my next one!

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations Laura! That is awesome! I am so proud of you!

    ReplyDelete