Friday, June 5, 2009

I Don't Care What Time It Is!!!!!!

Gwen is obsessed with time. It is driving me insane.

She just figured out how to really tell time on a digital clock and she can't think about anything else. Each and every morning she reports, "Mom, I woke up at 7:27 this morning. I slept 8 minutes longer than yesterday morning." Or, I'll yell, "Ok kids, its 10:30, time to go!!" and she'll reply "Mom, its actually 10:32. Are we going to be late now?". Oh, and when we don't have a reason to talk about the time, she just ticks off the minutes like a town cryer, with a rhyme for each time. "8:58 and every thing's great!", "4:44, let's shut the door!". We have 3 or 4 different clocks in our house and they are all slightly different - if we are upstairs, she is constantly telling me the time on the upstairs clock and that it's actually two minutes faster than the downstairs clock, etc. etc. The clock in my car is five minutes fast - After I snap at her for talking about the time, she changes her tactic... Say the time is 6:29. Gwen would innocently ask, "Hey Mom, if you were 29 years old, how old were you 5 years ago?". I'd say, "24" and she'd say, "Ok, then its really 6:24". One of my favorites is when she yells from the bathroom, "What time is it?" because she can't see a clock. Finally, the one thing that makes it all bearable is this comment from my baby Gwen: "Mommy, do you know what my favorite time is? 5:32. Because I am 5 and you are 32." Awww.

Alright, we'll gotta go, it's 10:32 (let's sail the blue!)

No comments:

Post a Comment