Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Hallelujah!!! What a milestone!

The other day I walked into the store with all three kids and I wasn't carrying ANY OF THEM!!! They all walked next to me. It was unbelievable. I could have wept right there in the parking lot.

It probably doesn't seem like much to have three walking kids, until you understand that I have been carrying TWO kids for most of the past year. Beckett was born when Darcy was 2.5, but Darcy didn't start walking at all until she was 1.5, and even then it took her several months to get proficient at it. Then once she starts getting good the bad weather comes and Darcy is VERY unsteady on the ice or snow and absolutely refuses to walk in it. And unfortunately, the ground in the mountains is covered in snow from November through the end of April. My being a somewhat petite and not at all strong person made this even more exhausting. So anyway, I often had two kids in my arms. Many times that would involve either one kid on each hip (or more realistically, sliding down my leg as I sprinted) or two trips, which just added a lot of hassle to every little errand. All this complaining to say that I was ecstatic when Beckett started walking (and grateful that Denver is paved so Darcy can walk as well!). I feel like my life has just taken a significant turn for the better! Yea!

No comments:

Post a Comment