Friday, June 12, 2009

Flashback - Daddy Daughter Dance


Well, the Daddy Daughter Dance was in February, but better late than never! I have been wanting to post this picture forever b/c I just thought it was so cute. Darcy got to attend the dance this year, so Lance was very excited to take both his girls. Gwen picked out his outfit so he "would look like a handsome prince".

Darcy and I had the sweetest moment the night before the dance which is one big reason I didn't want to forget to post this... We have such a hard time with Darcy trying to figure out what she understands and what she doesn't. Especially hard are feelings - she understands happy and sad but we're never sure beyond that. So I was talking to Darcy about the dance and she started totally spazzing out - dancing around in circles and shouting. She said something like, "I WILL GO TO THE DANCE, AND I WILL DANCE, AND I WILL SPIN, AND GENNIE WILL BE THERE" and then she yelled, "AND DADDY WILL SAY..." and she just plopped down on my lap, suddenly quiet. I said, "What will Daddy say?" and she replied, "I'm proud of you, Darcy."

It brings tears to my eyes even now! It was really nice to feel like she knows we're proud of her, whether she totally understands it or not.

No comments:

Post a Comment